Tuesday, March 29, 2016

City Color Photo Chic Dark Spot Corrector

A lot of people have a problem with dark undereye, I'm one of those people. When I started doing makeup and learning about the tips and tricks, one of the main reason is to learn how to brighten your undereye. I've learned that you need a corrector for your dark circles. Now, woah?! What's a corrector. That's my reaction when I first learned about it. From the word itself it means that it corrects or balances the unbalance color of your face. There are a tons of correctors available from high end to drugstore correctors whether cream or liquid textures. Then, I heard a lot of beauty gurus rave about a certain drugstore corrector and I was happy to have found this little gem in Purebeauty at Trinoma which was on sale at that time. I quickly snatched it and immediately tried it on when I got home.

City Color Photo Chic Dark Spot Corrector  

From the City Color website it says : is a peach tinted concealer used to minimize the appearance of dark spots and circles. The thick formula provides long lasting coverage that brightens undereye darkness to a healthy, fresh and rested appearance.



Packaging : a small jar with black cap.


The cap have a printed pink heart shapein the middle of the black cap.


Underneath the jar, you would see name of the product and the usage as well as the net weight.


The silver colored box lists the ingredients and the cruelty free logo which means it's not tested on animals - good to know that. I tried putting the jar inside the box but the jar was way big on the box which to see the overall packaging it's kind of space consuming don't you think?


Upon opening the cap, you would see another lid that separates the product which I think is helpful in case you didn't closed the cap tightly to prevent from being exposed to the air.




You might think this is in dark shade because of the peachy coloredbut upon swatching it's actually not and this shade is good for every light to medium skin tone.



See how my dark undereye brightens upon applying it and blended it. City Color corrector applied on my right eye (your left) and on my left eye (your right) without application. 

Final thoughts : 
I love how it brightens my eye and for a while I look so refreshed as if I had a long beauty rest. It's so creamy but do be careful not to put too much because it tends to get into the lines. I suggest the best way to apply it is by using your ring fingers and blend it as well. I tested it by applying it on for a whole day without setting it with a powder and I see it fades after 5 to 6 hours. I guess it will last longer if you set it with a powder.


Disclaimer : I paid for this product and I am not affiliated with this company.

Where to buy : Amazon, Ebay, Purebeauty, City Colors website and other websites that are distributors of city colors cosmetics.

Would I repurchase it? : Absolutely YES!

Peppermint Crinkles' Approval : 4.5/5

So, have you tried this corrector? If so, tell me what you think feel free by writing your thoughts on the comment box below.

And if you want updates on my blog please do follow. Thanks!

XOXO,

Mary Ann

0 comments :

Post a Comment