Sunday, December 18, 2016

Pili in my lip products?! - YUMMY!

Whenever I go to Bicol in my mother's hometown or any relative of mine. I always ask for a pasalubong hahaha (shameful me no?). I always ask for pili nuts one of my favorite food especially when it is coated with powdered white sugar not the brown ones. A big 160 gms bottle of it, I could see eating it in just one sitting (obviously, I am a sweet tooth person). But when someone gave me a makeup that the main ingredients came from the Pili tree! Isn't that amazing? As we all know essential oils are good for moisturizing & maintains & firms the elasticity of our skin. Pili oil is no difference from other essential oils & the good news of it is that it's locally available here in the Philippines. 

PILI Products is a locally made products that the main & active ingredients are the Pili oil & Elemi oil discovered by an organic agricultural advocate Rosalina "Rose" S. Tan & with the help of a team of scientists & experts, these discovered oils were carefully extracted from the fruits & resin of the Pili tree with the help of a team of scientists & experts.

I first saw this brand from a TV show that I was watching in the bus while commuting to work. I first thought that they are talking about Pili nuts (food) but they are talking the other way around, it's about skincare & beauty products that's made from the oils coming from the Pili tree (silly me, always thinking about food hahaha). Any who, I got interested to try them but I wasn't able to get the website or the name of the store where they are selling the products because I have to got off the bus or I will miss the bus stop. So, I mentally instructed myself to search for it on the internet but that day I was so busy that I forgot all about it until a friend of ours gave me some of their products yey! Here are the products that I've got & tested it on. 


What I got are a lip balm, a lipstick & a lipgloss. All of them are in perfect combination. I can wear each alone or put them altogether. Nice!


The first one is the lip balm in Blushed Pink which is encased in a usually lip balm case. A cylindrical tube with a twisted cap & by getting the product you have to twisted the bottom counter clockwise.










It's a dark pink shade in the tube but when you swatched it, it lightens so don't be scared of the shade.




The next one is the Lipstick in Bordeaux, encased in a soft tree bark like round tube which is differ from the usual lipstick case that is metal & plastic. Aaannnd a beautiful purple lips mark, how beautiful.






The shade is a deep burgundy red with a pink undertone in it that I fell in love with immediately when I saw the shade. There's a vintage-ish feel to it like Marilyn Monroe - ish. 






And lastly, the Lip & Cheek tint in Latte.






Has a doe foot applicator, the shade is more of a warm reddish brown that when you blend it on your cheeks it turns into a more nude-y pink depending on your skin tone which is good!




Swatches : (left) Lipstick in Bordeaux, (center) Lip & Cheek Stain in Latte & (right) Lip Balm in Blushed Pink.


Here, I am wearing their lip balm in "Blushed Pink"


On my cheeks the lip & cheek stain in "Latte" - I just put them lightly on my cheeks


Me, wearing the lip & cheek stain in "Latte"


This is me wearing all the three lips products, lip balm then, lipstick & lipgloss on top.

Overall, all  of them have this essential pili oil scent, a very slight & mild one for those who are scent sensitive person. They are very moisturizing & pigmented too! It doesn't dry your lips nor leaves your lips a peeling problem. I love it! Not only did they do makeup products but also skincare ones like lotions, essential oils, bath soap & deodorant which I must try them soon.

Have you tried Pili Products? Love to hear what you think.

Thanks for stopping by!


XoXo,

Mary Ann


You can reach them here :

Website : http://www.pilibeauty.com/

Like them on facebook : https://www.facebook.com/PiliBeauty

0 comments :

Post a Comment